Disable Exports

Hi,

Is it possible to disable exports in all KReports for a specific set of users using SugarCRM CE’s built in roles? Do I need to set any config variables or do anything to make this work?

Thanks,
Jonny

the export button is driven by the right of the user to export reports. So by the sugar role management … if you disable export for the user then the export button shoudl also be gone.

christian.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for getting back to me. I gave this a go but couldn’t get it to work.

I tried creating a role which had Export set to None against KReports v4.0. I added some users to this role but the export functionality still existed for these users.

I also tried it with Security Groups. I added the same role to the group, added some users and added a few reports to the group. The export functionality still existed for the users in the group when viewing the reports that were in the group.

In both these cases export functionality was successfully disabled in other modules.

I have $sugar_config[‘KReports’][‘authCheck’] = ‘SecurityGroups’; in my config. Is there anything else I need to do to get this to work?

Thanks,
Jonny

Jonny, I just found a little bug that keep export access rights to be considered. We will fix that as soon as possible.
‘SecurityGroups’ authCheck has not been implemented yet. I added the support of SecurityGroups to next release to-do-list.

Great, thanks! Any timelines on the next release yet?