Install on op of SugarCRM

I had a working Community Version 6.5.20 (Build 1001) of SugarCRM until I upgraded my httpd to use PHP 7.1.2 for other web applications.
Now it is partially working. For example, the account list shows up but when one clicks on an account an error page comes up and in the log we get a bunch of errors such as::

PHP Warning: Declaration of aCase::save_relationship_changes($is_update) should be compatible with SugarBean::save_relationship_changes($is_update, $exclude = Array) in /var/www/crm.artifact-software.com/modules/Cases/Case.php on line 316, referer:…/index.php?action=ajaxui
[Thu Mar 30 22:56:59.088125 2017] [php7:warn] [pid 2304] [client 192.168.3.196:53885] PHP Warning: Declaration of Bug::create_export_query(&$order_by, &$where, $relate_link_join = ‘’) should be compatible with SugarBean::create_export_query($order_by, $where) in /var/www/crm.artifact-software.com/modules/Bugs/Bug.php on line 376, referer: …/index.php?action=ajaxui
[Thu Mar 30 22:56:59.102765 2017] [php7:warn] [pid 2304] [client 192.168.3.196:53885] PHP Warning: Declaration of Project::create_export_query(&$order_by, &$where, $relate_link_join = ‘’) should be compatible with SugarBean::create_export_query($order_by, $where) in /var/www/crm.artifact-software.com/modules/Project/Project.php on line 297, referer: …/index.php?action=ajaxui

(I had to screw with the referer text to get rid of links that the forum did not like.)

I gather that this because SugarCRM does not support PHP…

Can I just drop the SpiceCRM files on top of the SugraCRM or is there a better way to upgrade?

PHP Warnings are not errors.
However SpiceCRM is not fully compatible with php 7.1 and higher. We are working on it but it will take some time.
Please use php 7.0.x for your upgrade.

It was followed by this which I guess is more likely the problem than the warning.
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Using $this when not in object context in /var/www/crm.artifact-software.com/include/SubPanel/SubPanelTilesTabs.php:62\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/crm.artifact-software.com/include/SubPanel/SubPanelTilesTabs.php(80): SubPanelTilesTabs::getSubpanelGroupLayout(‘All’)\n#1 /var/www/crm.artifact-software.com/include/SubPanel/SubPanelTiles.php(151): SubPanelTilesTabs::applyUserCustomLayoutToTabs(Array)\n#2 /var/www/crm.artifact-software.com/include/SubPanel/SubPanelTiles.php(236): SubPanelTiles->getTabs(true, ‘’)\n#3 /var/www/crm.artifact-software.com/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(1018): SubPanelTiles->display()\n#4 /var/www/crm.artifact-software.com/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(161): SugarView->_displaySubPanels()\n#5 /var/www/crm.artifact-software.com/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(345): SugarView->process()\n#6 /var/www/crm.artifact-software.com/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(292): SugarController->processView()\n#7 /var/www/crm.artifact-software.com/include/MVC/SugarApplication. in /var/www/crm.artifact-software.com/include/SubPanel/SubPanelTilesTabs.php on line 62, referer: …/index.php?action=ajaxui

When do you think that PHP 7.1 would be supported?

If I do move back to 7.0 or switch to a server with PHP 7.0, can I just replace the code by copying over the existing SugarCRM.

What are the ways to move a running SugarCRM to SpiceCRM? I have not been able to find installation instructions for SpiceCRM.

our partners from allwithyou in the Czech Republic have built an upgarde package to get from standard SugarCRM to SpiceCRM. You can contact them at obchod@allwithyou.cz and we will publish the package also with the next release.