Personalize SpiceCRM Back-end with a logo

Hi Val,

Thank you for the new release of SpiceCRM! Neat installation of the back-end, smooth transfer of a CRM from SugarCRM-CE. Front-end, hmm, seems to have some connectivity issues on my installation.

Anyway, my question is a lay-out question: As we are running multiple difference instances in parallel, we use a logo to easily identify which instance you are working in. In Administration>System settings>user interface> one can upload a logo, which is SugarCRM is displayed in the upper-left corner of the UI. In this SpiceCRM-UI version this is not the case.

Is there an easy way to display a logo in an empty corner of the UI?

Thanks, Erik

Erik,
I think you are looking for this
./config/assets/images/
favicon.png
loginimage.png (image for login screen)
headerimage (image on top left after login)
More details under
https://spicecrm.gitbooks.io/spicecrm-ui/content/configuration-and-workbench/configuring-login.html

Hi Val,

Thanks for your guidance. I noticed the logo in the front end, however, for some of our applications the front-end is overkill and the backend will do as CRM system. This is where I would like to add a logo.

Is that (still) possible?

Regards, Erik

Erik,
SpiceTheme does not regard uploadable logo in admin > settings. Easiest way for your own logo is to save your image under custom/include/images/sugar_md.png
Please note that image dimension are width=“340” and height=“25”
This is hardcoded in modules/Users/Login.php

Alternative would be to customize modules/Users/login.tpl:

• 1 core modification in modules/Users/Login.php (this will be added to next SpiceCRM version): add get_custom_file_if_exists in last line:
    $sugar_smarty->display(get_custom_file_if_exists('modules/Users/login.tpl'));
  • copy modules/Users/login.tpl to custom/modules/Users/login.tpl
  • Set your image tag instead of {$LOGIN_IMAGE}

I can’t promise it will be implemented but I will evaluate workload to make use of company logo in SpiceTheme.
Val

Hi Val,

Thanks for your answer!

Kind regards,

Erik

Erik,

just to let you know that the feature will be part of release 2019.01.001 coming up in January 2019.

Val

Hi Val,

Thanks for this message, I look forward to the new update!

Regards,

Erik