Unable to edit a K Report Presentation Dashlet

Hi,

I have created a KReport and selected to publish the report as a presentation. I then went to the home page and added a dashlet, selecting 'K Report Presentation.

When I click the edit pencil nothing happens. Reviewing the console in Google Chrome I see the following error:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘nodeName’ of null
_ at YAHOO.widget.SimpleDialog.setBody (sugar_grp1_yui.js?v=MD8m2KjHR3QYJODi3jChMA:61)_
_ at Object.fillInConfigureDiv (MySugar.js?v=MD8m2KjHR3QYJODi3jChMA:50)_
_ at Object.handleTransactionResponse (sugar_grp1_yui.js?v=MD8m2KjHR3QYJODi3jChMA:55)_
_ at sugar_grp1_yui.js?v=MD8m2KjHR3QYJODi3jChMA:55_
setBody @ sugar_grp1_yui.js?v=MD8m2KjHR3QYJODi3jChMA:61
fillInConfigureDiv @ MySugar.js?v=MD8m2KjHR3QYJODi3jChMA:50
handleTransactionResponse @ sugar_grp1_yui.js?v=MD8m2KjHR3QYJODi3jChMA:55
(anonymous) @ sugar_grp1_yui.js?v=MD8m2KjHR3QYJODi3jChMA:55
setInterval (async)
handleReadyState @ sugar_grp1_yui.js?v=MD8m2KjHR3QYJODi3jChMA:55
asyncRequest @ sugar_grp1_yui.js?v=MD8m2KjHR3QYJODi3jChMA:55
configureDashlet @ MySugar.js?v=MD8m2KjHR3QYJODi3jChMA:51
onclick @ index.php?module=Home&action=index:1

KReporter 4.2 running on SuiteCRM version 7.8.8

Please can anyone advise as to what the problem / solution might be?

Many thanks

Hi Jonnie,
You are using SuiteP theme, aren’t you?
This theme has its own template for DashletHeader which overwrites all the code set in the header of a KReporter Dashlet.
I copied the file to custom/themes/SuiteP/include/Dashlets/DashletHeader.tpl but the custom location is ignored in display logic.
Fastest way to achieve that edit click works is to rename themes/SuiteP/include/Dashlets/DashletHeader.tpl so that default logic for Dashlet header building is kept. Of course this would break the design a little bit.
Alternative is some development. Or you use another theme.

Val

Thank you Val for your guidance, much appreciated. We are actually using the much improved SuiteP theme with the modifications done by ElDraft. https://suitecrm.com/forum/suite-themes/14899-suitep-theme-fine-tunning-plus

I will look in to this more and maybe need someone to code this for me.

Thanks again

Hi Val,

KReports is the best reporting tool I have found and it is critical to us. If my team are unable to fix this issue is this something you could rectify for me? I would be happy to pay for the development time required to resolve this for the Eldraft theme.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,

Jonnie,

I would be happy to help with development if necessary.

Val

Hi Val,

Thanks for your message. I’d be keen to discuss with you this development. How can I reach you outside of the forum?

Many thanks,

Jonnie

valerie.maret@twentyreasons.com