KReporter 4.2.0 - Issue with drag'n drop

I’m using KReporter Base/Core 4.2.0 (with KRest 2.5.3) on SuiteCRM 7.9.2.

Since the upgrade to KReporter Base/Core 4.2.0, when I edit a report, I can’t do drag’n drop from fields list (in left column) to the selection page (main page). As a consequence, I cant’ modify the fields in my reports.

I have this issue with Chrome, Firefox and IE on Windows 7. I tried to clear the cache of those 3 browsers but it didn’t fix it.

How can I solve this issue ?

I am afraid there is a conflict between SuiteCRM responsive theme and KReporter. No solution for now.
Do you have SuiteCRM theme? Or is it another one?

Thank for your answer.

I’m using the default “SuiteP” theme. I didn’t install or use other themes.

Does it mean that KReporter 4.2.0 can’t be used with the SuiteP theme ? (And we need to buy or create another theme compatible with KReporter 4.2.0 ?)

By the way, I came back to KReporter 4.1.0 and tested the drag’n drop function:

• With Firefox : not possible.
  • With Chrome : possible.

It is currently impossible to analyze since no errors are thrown. Incompatibility with SuiteP theme is just a guess.
Using another theme might help but it is not sure at all.

I did a fresh install of SuiteSRM (v. 7.9.1) with only the KREST Core (v. 2.5.3), the KReporter Base (v. 4.2.0) and the KReporter Core (v. 4.2.0) modules (no other modules for this test) and using the default SuiteP Theme. In this environment also, I can’t drag’n drop from the fields lists, with Firefox or Chrome.

On your side, can you confirm that KReporter runs without any drag’n drop issue on SuiteCRM 7.9.x ?

KReporter 4.x does not work under SuiteCRM 7.9.x.
Drag&drop works only if you don’t scrolldown. We will check eventual events / CSS related to SuiteCRMP theme.

add: yes, it is related to CSS. If I disallow cache/themes/SuiteP/css/style.css KReporter works.

Thank you very much for this trick. It works perfectly :smile: !

Hello,

Could someone please advise me how I disable caching for the cache/themes/SuiteP/css/style.css file as discussed above?

Many thanks,

Jonnie,
I used the developer tools to disable the stylesheet. It’s not a solution it was just a way to narrow the cause of the problem. But today might be your lucky day, I narrowed the problem to the CSS definition for html in the styles.css of SuiteP theme.
Be the first user to try out the workaround for KReporter 4.2:
Open themes/SpiceTheme/extjs6/ext6_override.css
Paste following code at the top of the file:

/* begin overwrite html height set in SuiteP Theme */
html{
    height:inherit;
    max-height:100%;
}
/* end overwrite SuiteP Theme */

It worked for me in SuiteCRM 790

Val

Hi Val,

Thank you so much for your message. I am running SuiteCRM and not Spice currently. Where do I locate this overide.css file in Suite or am I looking for a completely different file?

Many thanks,

Jonnie

Jonnie,

KReporter uses part of SpiceTheme. You only change the css applied in KReporter which shall be located in
themes/SpiceTheme/extjs6/ext6_override.css

Val

Hi Val,

Hmm… That’s interesting. I do not have a ‘Spice Theme’ folder in my version of SuiteCRM. I only have folders for 'default, Suite 7, P and R.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Jonnie

Hi,

I’m running version 4.1

Regards

Hi,

Just want to say an huge thanks for your help. Your code worked perfectly!

Regards

Which KReporter Version did you install?

In 4.1 the file is located under
custom/k/css/ext6_override.css

@maretval

Good morning Val,

I seem to have an error with ‘drag and drop’ again in Kreports. I have reviewed this post and made sure that I have added your suggested code etc. but I am having difficulty adding fields to the pivot report and adding fields in the manipulate tab.

I have checked all of the permissions multiple times and all seems to be correct.

When I try to add fields to the pivot table and I inspect the code I get the following console errors:

ext-all.js:22 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘id’ of null
at F.onInvalidDrop (ext-all.js:22)
at F.fireEvents (ext-all.js:22)
at F.fireEvents (ext-all.js:22)
at F.handleMouseUp (ext-all.js:22)
at F.fire (ext-all.js:22)
at F.fire (ext-all.js:22)
at F.publish (ext-all.js:22)
at F.doDelegatedEvent (ext-all.js:22)
at F.doDelegatedEvent (ext-all.js:22)
at F.onDelegatedEvent (ext-all.js:22)

Any ideas what this could be?

For reference, I am running KReporter 4.2 on SuiteCRM 7.8.8.

Many thanks,

Jonnie,
css file in KReporter 4.2 ist located under themes\SpiceTheme\extjs6\ext6_override.css
Please make sure the additional code is there at the top of the file:
/* begin overwrite html height set in SuiteP Theme */
html{
height:inherit;
max-height:100%;
}
/* end overwrite SuiteP Theme */