Trouble following installation manual during step 5.2

Hi everyone,
first post here :slight_smile:

I have some experiences with Suite/Sugar and would like to test SpiceCRM which looks very interesting.
Therefore, I tried to install everything on localhost by following this manual:
SpiceCRM_UI_installation_guide_201901001.pdf (may not link it, otherwise I cant submit my post)

Frontend is copied to
localhost/spice
And Backend to
localhost/spice/backend

During step 5.2 (Load default UI configuration) I found a problem:

• I did a quick repair+rebuild (even with emptied cache, two different browsers)
    • result: “Done Database tables are synced with vardefs”

Seems fine!

But, during step 5.2, when I try to load the default UI configuration and click on “yes”:

the result is:

chrome_AndIq7HaK8

I tested (as described in the manual) the following request:
localhost/spice/be/KREST/sysinfo
which returned the shown json.

additionally, the manual states that https://packages.spicecrm.io/ should be accessible - it is not (tested with mobile internet as well).

Is the manual outdated, or did I some mistakes here? Can I skip this step and continue the installation?

Thanks for your help!

E: I’ve added column “icon” to the mentioned table (error message shown), now another table scheme is wrong…there has to be some kind of issue.

Ok, I did install a second (older) Mysql server. Could continue, issue was caused by the mariadb-version.

I am not sure it was the MariaDBVersion.
We fixed a bug the data retrieved by https://packages.spicecrm.io/ on wednesday night.
The table structure retrieved was not from the proper source.
Just to make, which MariaDBVersion did you install first?

Hi,
thanks for your reply!

It’s working now with:

λ mysql --version
mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.29, for Win32 (AMD64)

The first try was using:

λ mysql --version
mysql  Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.1.37-MariaDB, for Win32 (AMD64)

usually I wouldn’t use windows as OS, but it was easier for just having a look.

Btw: Am I understanding correctly that the elastic search indexing has to run permanently to update the content of the ListViews?

thanks again & have a nice weekend!

ElasticServer shall remain active yes.
To trigger indexing of non indexed data & clean up indexed deleted data please, activate the Scheduler Job “SPICE FullTextSearch index”.